Our client has been established for over 20 years now and is looking to expand their team in Cardiff. They provide a bespoke glass and glazing service for both commercial and domestic clients. With no job too big, they are truly experts in the field and can offer custom designs for specific needs, such as curved glass balustrades, mirrors, back painted glass and so much more!
Growing from strength to strength, they have built strong lasting partnerships with clients such as Premier Inn, Costa Coffee, Beefeater and many more. To keep up with competition, they have upgraded all machinery in the business so they can continue to be a leader in the field!
The Head of Operations for this client will have to wear many hats and juggle a lot of responsibilities, as the operations are the lifeline of the business.
The Head of Operations, ensures the everyday activities of the company run smoothly. Their duties include coordinating efficient production of the company’s goods, ensuring that the company’s overall operations are cost-effective and supervising the company’s retention procedures and processes.
As high-level executives, Operations Directors are responsible for a wide variety of tasks. Their main duties and responsibilities include at the strategic level:
- Developing, improving and implementing operational plans to improve operational goals.
- Managing the day-to-day operations of each department, establishing company policies and operational goals, implementing necessary changes and adhering to compliance procedures, laws and regulations.
- Evaluating overall operational performance.
- Providing all necessary reports, assisting management in goals setting and promoting company growth and anticipating and forecasting trends and patterns of the client and the market place.
- Managing finances, developing, analysing the company departmental budgets and financial reports.
- Creating financial plans for increasing margins.
- Allocating the company resources in the most effective and efficient way to achieve business objectives and effective supply chain management.
- Creating operational strategies to improve stock losses, reduced costs and improve employee productivity.
- Support the business in terms of providing high quality Risk Management capabilities.
At the operational level
- Performing key people duties such as recruiting, objective setting, performance management, training and development, coaching and exiting of staff.
- Helping the client to achieve according to and align people with the culture and value of the business.
- Developing operations policies by evaluating and enforcing policies for products and inventory receipts.
- Reviewing and approving operational invoices and forwarding them for payment.
- Ensuring compliance with all Health and Safety Regulations and Environmental legislation.
- Make sure that employees complete the required legal documentation.
- Experience with statistical analysis and data processing.
- Practical knowledge of budgeting, cash flow, maintaining balance sheets and monitoring of profit and loss statements.
- Ability to create a good operational plan and dive and determination to achieve goals and stretch targets.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Good data analysis, planning and organisational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent group problem solving skills.
- In depth understanding of lean manufacturing.
Apply for this job
Fill out the below application form! Make sure you complete all the fields to increase your chances.