Business Development Executive reporting to Head of Sales. This role has a wide impact on the business and therefore is critical that strong communication is in place with Head of Finance, Head of Commercial and Head of Operations. The role manages customers from Manufactured and Distribution. This role is pivotal in driving success factors to attain & retain customers and establish Viscose as a market leader.
Responsible for developing profitable business by managing strong relationships with customers at the right level. To identify and report on business opportunities in target markets and to maximise new business development opportunities. To identify and deliver opportunities to grow and enhance the brand. To represent the business at conferences, trade fairs and networking events.
Skills and Knowledge
- Takes the lead in driving new business through a measured Business Development strategy
- Identify opportunities for campaigns and distribution channels that will result in increased leads
- Establish a pipeline of customers to ensure continual contribution to new business and profitable performance.
- Develop excellent customer relationships that create loyalty and longevity
- Ensure that the data is accurately entered and managed with the CRM system
- Provide prospecting opportunities for new customers to the sales team
- A key networker and negotiator for the company
- Sets up meetings with prospective customers to sell the company’s products and services.
- Forms strategic partnerships with other companies to leverage their existing networks.
- Negotiates sales contracts with customers ensuring their profitability.
- Works with Marketing to devise marketing materials and tools to support new business teams.
- Plan approaches and pitches; work with the Sales leader to develop proposals that speak to the client’s needs, concern and objectives
Skills and Experience
- Sales and Marketing experience with a proven track record of achieving targets
- Hands on team player with the ability to motivate colleagues
- Should possess excellent sales/negotiation skills, financial and commercial acumen
- A can-do attitude possessing Initiative, drive and enthusiasm
- Excellent communication skills
- Good planning and organisational skills
- The ability to work calmly under pressure
- Good IT, budget and report writing skills
- A clear understanding of tangible added value both for client and company
- Good standard of education, degree educated or qualified by experience
- Articulate, professional, engaging and visionary
- Experience of packaging and the sectors the business serves would be an advantage
- A full driving licence
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with team members, ensuring an open an honest culture is maintained
- Coach and mentor team members in the areas of New Business Development and Marketing
- Actively solicit feedback to review and improve performance from Management and Team perspective
- Ensures regular on-going communication is happening in all areas of responsibility to create awareness of business objectives and communicate expectations and produce desired business results.
- Actively drive team engagement working closely with the Commercial Manager to address any issues or concerns
- Pursue long terms goals in line with the Personal Development Plan and Sales Road Map
- Recognition of importance of one team ethos to ensure all business goals are met
Apply for this job
Fill out the below application form! Make sure you complete all the fields to increase your chances.