This is an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Director to join our FinTech client. Our aim is to become the leading provider of data-driven, technology-enabled solutions sector.
You will have…
- a demonstrable track record of successfully negotiating and closing deals
- experience selling software, services, data, and analytics solutions into both the Public and Private Sectors
- strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
- the ability to adapt to changing customer, market, and/or business requirements
- confident and accomplished communication skills across various formats (public speaking, authoring, presentations, etc.), generating high levels of engagement and persuasion
- solid commercial skills, including an understanding of cost models, guide price setting to win and shaping commercial deals which are compelling to customers
- fantastic working relationship building capabilities to efficiently build credibility internally and externally, with prospects, market-makers and influencers, and partners
- an innovative approach to further develop our solutions to drive new sales
- ideally, experience of working within the UK Workplace Pensions space with established contacts across the industry.
Our client is a leading provider of solutions to the UK pensions market.
The key purpose of the Business Development Director will be to generate revenue and profit growth and increase our customer footprint, selling across our range of best of breed solutions and services, working across both private and public sectors. You will be working across the whole sales cycle, managing the process from lead-generation through to deal closure.
Working closely with our SMEs, Proposition and Product Development teams, you will also help shape how our existing products and services develop and input to the development of the new ways we want to support our market.
Key Responsibilities include:
Lead generation, opportunity development and deal closure: Work with existing and new customers across the UK Workplace Pensions market to deliver consistent and sustainable revenue growth
Proposition development: Supported by our own experts, engage proactively with customers in a consultative way, understanding their challenges and needs whilst marrying these to our solutions to construct compelling propositions.
Proposal writing: Write compelling proposals to articulate the value of our solutions, our differentiators, key win themes, and deal structures. Maintain an awareness of competitor solutions to help shape our propositions in an informed way.
Presentations, demonstrations, and pitches: Design, prepare and deliver high quality presentations to prospective and existing customers. Coach and mentor relevant team members in developing and delivering their contributions to the overall pitch.
Solution and collateral development: Work with our Product Development and Propositions teams to ensure that we develop the right solutions to meet existing and emerging market needs. Collaborate with Brand to produce marketing collateral which showcases the value of our solutions.
Networking: Actively engage across the UK Workplace Pensions sector to maintain and build on our market presence and relationships with market-makers and partners. Identify and engage with potential new customers and key decision-makers to sell our products and services. Actively promote our propositions offering as a thought-leader in industry events (e.g., conferences, focus groups etc.)
Our client combines a passion for software with Agile methodologies to create modern software solutions for businesses, pension providers and third parties that help transform how their members manage their lifelong financial journeys.
Working for an expanding established market leader, you will have a real voice to influence our evolution. We concentrate on delivering long term and sustained value to our customers and this approach permeates everything we do.
Continued learning and progression is ingrained in our daily life, encouraged through a variety of forums from e-learning subscriptions and a monthly down-tools day (“Hive Day”) and communities of practice for learning and experimentation. Our open culture encourages wide participation and innovation.
We also reward our hard work through regular socials, organised by our people. Socials events include fiercely competitive online quizzes, sporting events, games nights and much more!
We are committed to a hybrid working model. We have empowered our people to determine if working from home or the office, under current safety provisions set out by official guidelines, suits them best, giving us all greater flexibility.
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life insurance
- Private medical insurance
- Referral programme
- Sick pay
- Wellness programmes
- Work from home
For more information on the opportunity please get in touch with Harry at Prince Resourcing on 029 20 09 7000 or apply below
Apply for this job
Fill out the below application form! Make sure you complete all the fields to increase your chances.